On Thursday, December 12, 2019, a steam turbine generator was fitted on the foundations at the Thermal Power Plant in Pančevo. The event was attended by state secretary with the Ministry for Mining and Energy of the Republic of Serbia Zoran Predić, general manager of “Gazprom Energoholding” d.o.o. Denis Fedorov, general manager of NIS a.d. Novi Sad (Gazpromneft Group) Kiril Tjurdenyev, vice president of Shanghai Electric Group Co. Ltd Sha Yufeng as well as representatives of the Russian and Serbian media.
Denis Fedorov pointed out:
– The TE-TO project in Pančevo is delivered in accordance with the planned timeframe. Construction of the thermal power plant began in March 2019, while commercial operations are expected in 2020. The works indicate that the thermal power plant might be completed even before the contractual deadline, even before the third trimester of 2020, given the synchronized efforts of all Project stakeholders.
The ceremony was also attended by the Pančevo Mayor Saša Pavlov:
– This investment, along with the deep cracking factory in the Oil Refinery are important for Pančevo from the aspect of environmental protection and also the fact that these two investments amount to almost 500 million Euro. The local administration has been very efficient and provided all necessary logistic support. These two investments will also mean about 100 new employments for the citizens of Pančevo in 2020.
The Thermal Power Plant in Pančevo will have 200MW power generation capacity and will be the first project of GAZPROM ENERGOHOLDING realized outside Russian Federation and the first combined-cycle power plant in Serbia. The refinery complex will use about 35% of the electricity generated by the plant, while the remaining 65% will be fed into Serbia’s power system. Such steam/gas power plants have important economic and environmental advantages in comparison with traditional steam and coal options. They do not produce tons of ash waste nor do them emit solid particles and sulphur oxides into the atmosphere.
Source: GAZPROM ENERGOHOLDING SERBIA TE-TO PANČEVO D.O.O. and City of Pančevo
Photo: GAZPROM ENERGOHOLDING SERBIA TE-TO PANČEVO D.O.O